Children & Family Advocate
Apply Online Now!
Reports to: Family Specialist, Volunteer Coordinator
Located: First and second floor family areas, and outdoor play area
- Outgoing and friendly
- A basic understanding of social services (we will train!) for Families with Children
- Experience working with children, knowledge of developmentally appropriate expectations
- Ability to model appropriate behavior reinforcement and healthy parenting
- Experience as a teacher, Nurse or Social Worker is a plus, but not required
- Greet each guest with a friendly attitude
- Listen to guests and try to find out what services you may be able to help them connect with, observe physical needs and offer assistance with solutions.
- Play on the floor with little ones, entertain them while parents meet with case workers, etc.
- Help locate transportation options
- Come up with special activities that engage children
- Make sure that children’s basic needs are being met
- Help parents get free formula/diapers and other resources for children (we will train!)
- Supervise outdoor play area as required
Training for Position:
- Orientation, including resource access training (done by Volunteer Coordinator & Center Director)
- Protecting God’s Children (done by CC Human Resources Staff)
- On-the-job training with Volunteer Coordinator
- Additional voluntary continuing training is available 3x monthly