Apply Online Now!
Reports to: Guest Specialists, Volunteer Coordinator
Located: First floor in guest lounge areas
- Outgoing and friendly
- A basic understanding of social services and how to complete a housing first interview (we will train!)
- Help locate transportation options
- The ability to engage people who seem disconnected
- Knowledge of card games or the ability to talk to anyone and be a good listener
- Greet each guest with a friendly attitude
- Listen to guests and try to find out what services you may be able to help them connect with, observe physical needs and make suggestions.
- Play cards/organize activities with people who have done all of their work to connect to services and are just looking for something to do until housing becomes available.
- Some fun activities you might want to organize/lead may include: Book Club, Classic Movie Club, Euchre tournaments, checker championships, crochet circle, etc.
Training for Position:
- Orientation, including resource access training (done by Volunteer Coordinator & Center Director)
- Protecting God’s Children (done by CC Human Resources Staff)
- On-the-job training with Volunteer Coordinator
- Additional voluntary continuing training is available 3x monthly